The ultimate goal of school/community relations is to improve the quality of education for all children. In order to achieve this goal, and to evaluate progress toward it, the Board establishes the following objectives:
- To develop public understanding of all aspects of school operation; to ascertain public attitudes toward issues in education; and to discover the public's aspirations for the education of their children.
- To secure adequate financial support for a sound educational program.
- To help citizens feel a direct responsibility for the quality of education provided by their schools.
- To earn the good will, respect, and confidence of the public with regard to school staff and services.
- To foster public understanding of the need for constructive change, and solicit public advice on how we can achieve our educational goals.
- To involve citizens in the work of the schools and the solving of educational problems.
- To promote a genuine spirit of cooperation between the school and the community and to set up channels for sharing the leadership in improving community life.
Achieving these objectives requires that the Board and staff, individually and collectively express positive attitudes toward the schools in their daily contacts with parents, people of the community, and one another; make systematic, honest, and continuing efforts to discover what the public thinks and what citizens want to know, and to interpret school programs, problems, and accomplishments; develop an active partnership with the community in working toward improvement of the educational program; and take an active interest in the needs of the total community to find ways to make the community a better place in which to live.
Meet Our Board Members
School Board Agendas
School Board Minutes
School Board Calendar
School Board Policies
Board Meeting Public Packet
2023 Conflict of Interest Statments